Whether it’s extra garden bounty or a sale at the supermarket – dehydrating food is a budget-friendly way to stock up for later. You can use a food dehydrator, a low slow oven, or natural sunshine to preserve natural healthfulness.
Third times a charm with this recipe and it’s worth every minute, every cranberry and every cup of almond flour used to create the perfect muffin recipe.
The flavorful combination of sweet orange and tart cranberries with a hint of nuttienss will make this your favorite muffin recipe.
As is or with the cranberry yogurt topping, these cranberry orange muffins are healthy and great for breakfast-on-the-go, to pack in lunch boxes, or for an afternoon snack.
If you have a little not-on-the-go time, grab a cup of hot coffee or tea, warm the muffin and top with the flavorful cranberry yogurt. Sit back, relax and savor the flavors.
These cranberry orange muffins are a healthy option that's great for breakfast on the go and packed for lunch (without the yogurt topping). The flavorful combination of flavors with a hint of nuttiness will make this your favorite muffin recipe. Gluten Free - Breakfast - Snack
- 200 grams almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- zest of 1 orange
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup frozen or dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder (I used Skoop)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon whole berry cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine almond flour, baking soda, sea salt, and orange zest in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs (beaten), honey, coconut oil, vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the large bowl of dry ingredients and stir until mixed well.
- Gently fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray or line muffin tin.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool before removing from the muffin tin.
- While the muffins are cooling, combine greek yogurt, protein powder, dried cranberries and 1 teaspoon whole berry cranberry sauce. Mix until well combined.
- Top a muffin with yogurt, sprinkle with walnuts and dried cranberries.
The muffins are great as is or topped with the yogurt topping. The protein powder is added to the yogurt for the hint of sweetness and vanilla flavor.
I’d love to chat.
What’s your favorite muffin recipe?
be the best version of YOU