Enjoy the sweet and cinnamon-y flavor of peach pie for breakfast. Layered with the delightful flavors of peaches, light pancakes, yogurt and sprinkled with cinnamon. Life doesn’t get any better than that.
Delicious sweet and juicy peaches topped with yogurt and cinnamon. What’s not to love? Layered on and between protein pancakes and you have breakfast fabulousness. They’re that good!
If you’re craving peaches and peach recipes in the fall and winter when peaches are not in season, no worries. Simply substitute frozen peaches for year around yumminess!
Enjoy the sweet and cinnamon-y flavor of peach pie for breakfast. Layered with the delightful flavors of peaches, light pancakes, yogurt and sprinkled with cinnamon. Life doesn't get any better than that.
- 1/3 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 20 grams protein powder, vanilla (I used Skoop B Strong)
- ½ teaspoon baking poweder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup plain greek yougurt
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup ripe peaches, sliced
- coconut oil
- sweetener of choice (optional)
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder (I used Skoop B Strong)
- 1/1/2 peaches, sliced
- 1 tablespoon almonds, sliced
- 1 teaspoon + 1 dash cinnamon
- In a bowl add the first 5 dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine greek yogurt, almond milk, vanilla, egg whites and mix well.
- In a small bowl mash the peach slices with a fork. Add to the yogurt mixture and stir until combined. Pour into the dry mixture. Stir until mixed well and all the ingredients are moist.
- Add enough coconut oil to your pan to coat evenly and heat onlow being careful not to let the oil get too hot. Using a 1/4 cup pour pancake mix into the heated pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes and flipping once small bubbles begin to form on the pancake. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the peach slices and cinnamon. Toss until the peach slices are evenly coated. Cover with plastic wrap. Cook in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Remove, uncover and stir. Recover and cook an additional 30 seconds until peaches are soft but not too mushy. Repeat another 30 seconds if necessary.
- In a small bowl combine greek yogurt and protein powder. Mix well.
- On a plate, layer 1 pancake, a spoonful of the yogurt mixture and 3 peach slices, top with another pancake and repeat layering until all 4 pancakes are stacked with the remaining yogurt, peaches, almonds and a dash of cinnamon on top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy while it's warm!
Adding sweetener to the pancake mix is optional depending on preference and the sweetness of the protein powder. With the flavor/sweetness of the Skoop protein powder and the peaches along with the toppings, it was perfect without adding sweetener.
The recipe can also be made with apples. Simply replace the peaches with sliced apples and you have a fall pancake breakfast ready to enjoy! The apples will have to be heated before mashing for the pancake recipe.
Enjoy this breakfast year around! If peaches are not in season substituting frozen peaches works well too.
I’d love to chat.
What’s your favorite peach recipe? Have you ever tried sliced peaches on pancakes?
be the best version of YOU