Gluten free snack the whole family will enjoy.
I received free samples of Breton Gluten Free Original with Flax and Breton Gluten Free Herb and Garlic from Dare Foods Incorporated mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Dare Foods Incorporated and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
To honor May and Celiac Disease Awareness Month, Dare Foods challenged the Recipe ReDuxers to create tempting, inventive and simple gluten free recipes that are perfect for entertaining and that incorporate Breton Gluten Free Crackers – either the Original with Flax or the Herb and Garlic variety.
Lately, healthy snacks have been a topic of conversation in our house. So, my first thought for creating a recipe was to come up with a healthy snack the whole family would enjoy. Having only one person in a household that is gluten free can make it difficult to find recipes that the whole family will enjoy especially with a family of picky eaters. Breton Gluten free crackers offer a great taste and, more importantly and sometimes difficult to find with gluten free products, a pleasing texture.
The combination of flavors with the flax crackers and the sweet hummus make a great tasting healthy gluten free snack the whole family will enjoy. Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sweet potato, cooked and diced
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (+topping)
- sliced almonds (topping)
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Gradually add the syrup, stopping to taste as you go. I found the desired sweetness varies a lot by the person so adjust to your preference.
- Scoop into a bowl and top with cinnamon and sliced almonds.
- Serve with Breton Original Gluten Free Original with Flax crackers.
Lasts for about 4-5 days in the refrigerator in a sealed container.