I’ve been back to running for almost 4 weeks!
A few things:
- No running for 6 weeks is a lot of time for your legs to rest. Running on well rested legs made me realize how tired my legs have been all year.
- I’m sad that I won’t be running some of the races I had planned for this year but it’s kind of nice not having the self imposed pressure of an upcoming race.
- I’m planning on running a trail series that starts in December. Can’t wait!
- I loved being back on the track!
- I’ve consistently crossed trained 3/week with Rocktober!
- For Rocktober I’ve been using a cool interval timer app, Seconds Pro. Program it specifically for your workouts and the voice commands keep you going and tell you when to rest. So cool!
My pace is slow, I need to build my endurance back up and yet I’m still smiling. This is what makes me happy and this is what makes me feel the best!
What the past 2 weeks have looked like:
9/30 – 4 miles 1:2 run/walk intervals
10/1 – Rocktober Week 1
10/2 – 4 miles 1:2 run/walk intervals
10/3 – Rocktober Week 1
10/4 – 4 miles 1:2 run/walk intervals
10/5 – Rocktober Week 1
10/7 – Rocktober Week 1
10/8 – 4 miles 1:3 run/walk intervals
10/9 – Roctober Week 2
10/10 – 4 miles 1:3 run/walk intervals
10/12 – Rocktober Week 2
10/12 – 4 miles 1:3 run/walk intervals
10/13 – 4 miles MAF Test
MAF Test #1
Resting Heart Rate: 51
Maximum Aerobic Training Heart Rate: 134
Training Heart Rate Ranges: 114-124 Warm Up and Cool Down; 124-134 Target Training
With what has become my go-to resource for running, Dr. Phil Maffetone’s Endurance Training and Racing, I’m back to MAF training starting with another MAF test. The results were not surprising after 6 weeks of no running. Initially it was a little discouraging, but before long I was just so happy to be running that the pace didn’t matter.
What I’m looking forward to this week:
- Rocktober Week 3
- A week of being totally cleared to run without intervals.
- A trail run and trying out the Salomon Sense Mantra. I’ve only tried them on so far but if that was any indication I may have found the perfect trail shoe. The key to a great fit is in the toe box.
Salomon provided me with the Sense Mantra to try and review. As always the opinions expressed are my own. The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made on this blog.