Nutritional Benefits of Nuts and Seeds
Nuts and seeds are one of my favorite ingredient to add to a variety of recipes or as a quick snack to get me through the afternoon. Almonds, walnuts, cashews, peanuts, chia, flax, sunflower…you name it. I don’t think I’ve ever tried a nut or see I didn’t like. But, when it comes to nut or seed butters the extent of my experience is limited. Except for the occasional peanut butter sandwich, almond butter and sun butter has been the extent of my nut and seed butter experience. Man, have I been missing out!
As a Fitfluential Ambassador I was provided a jar of NuttZo Seven Nut & Seed Butter in exchange for my honest review.
What I like most about NuttZo, other than the taste of course:
- the nutritional value and nutrient density in a single serving. It’s a food I can feel good about eating.
- available in creamy and chunky varieties
- the seven nut and seed butter is a combination of my favorite nuts and seeds along with dark chocolate (Yum!)
- works great in recipes for snacks, salad dressings, and desserts (any recipe that called for almond or peanut butter I substituted with the Creamy NuttZo Seven Nut and Seed Butter and it worked wonderfully)
- NuttZo is certified organic
Now that you know what I like about NuttZo. How about why it’s good for me?
A single serving of NuttZo provides a nutritional profile with a combination of nuts and seeds that is a powerhouse of superfood and nutrient dense calories.
All of the nutrients are beneficial but a few of the things I look for first in a food are protein, Omega 3 and all natural. NuttZo:
- provides over 50% of your daily ADA omega 3 in one spoonful
- has no added sugars, oils or preservatives
- is a good source of protein
For more specific benefits of eating nuts and seeds check out Benefits of Nuts.
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons NuttZo
- 1 serving chocolate protein powder (amount may vary with different brands)
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate 1 hour for a thicker consistency.
- Drizzle with NuttZo and sprinkle with chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 medium banana
- 2 tablespoons NuttZo Seven Nut and Seed Butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 packet Vanilla Stevia for a sweeter taste* (Optional)
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the nut mixture and form into a ball. Place on a plate.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
* I preferred the the NuttZo, banana and chocolate flavors without the Stevia but my family liked the added sweetness of the Vanilla Stevia.
I also used NuttZo for dipping apple slices, spread on banana slices, Asian dressing that is otherwise made with peanuts, and spread on top of a warm bran muffin.
Menu planning vacation style!
We’re traveling this week so menu planning is limited primarily to breakfast (because it’s the meal I least like to eat out) and dinner for the first 2 nights.
Grilled Salmon and BBQ Veggie Packs
Garden Enchiladas with Homemade Pepper Salsa and guacamole