Looking Back at November
November was a month of events, excitement and milestones!
Running – November was definitely not my highest mileage month. In fact, it may be the lowest mileage of the year. Oddly, I’m ok with that. Why the low mileage? When I questioned to run or not to run, I decided to take a full week off from running to rest and recover from a lot of consecutive running events. I felt amazing afterwards so it was totally worth the lack of miles that week. Note to self: Plan to do that again!I started transitioning to natural running. Part of that transition has been going out for a .50 mile runs and 100 m run/walk intervals. Again, totally worth the lack of miles!
So, no, November was not about the miles. It was about events and milestones!
- started Amanda’s Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge 2012
- attended a Natural Running Form Clinic at a local running store
- getting better at managing exercise induced asthma
- Registration for a year-long running challenge, 13 in 2013 officially opened on Friday, November 30! As of today there are over 100 participants! The response to the challenge has been amazing!
Total Runs: 15
Total Miles: 46.43
Total Miles In 2012: 981.12
Twelve In Twenty Twelve:
#12 WooHoo! Mason Half Marathon
Strength Training – I’ve created a hybrid workout plan using my 2 favorite programs, P90X and Les Mills Pump. I have combined the best of what both have to offer and love it!
One of the things I have learned about myself since starting the transition to natural running is that I have seriously weak ankles and feet. Not surprisingly, the program I’m following includes strength training to target strengthening lower legs and feet. More on this coming soon!
Total Workouts Strength/Abs: 14
Total Workouts Yoga: 6
Total Strength Training and/or Abs Workouts: 17
I couldn’t resist the sequel to Bared To You.
- A new obsession with PB2. The variety of ways this yummy goodness can be used is amazing!
- A 10-day cleanse. I didn’t really notice a difference in how I felt. Hmmm…maybe my body didn’t need to be cleansed?
- We bought a Vitamix! Little did I realize how much of the nutrients in freggies is lost in the pulp of juicing. With the Vitamix there is no pulp. All the nutrients are consumed!
- Laura, of Mommy Run Fast, and I decided to continue the weekly link-up, What’s For Dinner Menu Planning. I’ve enjoyed following along and reading about the successes as people create a new habit of weekly menu planning! This has also been great resource for menu ideas and recipes!
- And lastly, with November eating comes my first attempt at a hybrid traditional/vegan Thanksgiving. To say it was an epic fail is an understatement!
- I am excited to continue and see my progress with the transition to natural running. Who knew I would ever say I loved a .50 mile run?!?!
- I’m going to continue the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge 2012. The competition of the points and the support of the community will be a big help with staying on track during the holiday season.
- I will continue the preparation and planning for 13 in 2013.
- I will finalize my 2013 goals.
- I’m looking forward to the arrival of family for the holidays.