2013 Will Be No Accident!
Undoubtedly 2012 has been an amazing year! Now what? I’m going to live life with intention and to live that life I have, the sometimes dreaded, given a bad rap and often recommended against, goals for the new year.
Setting the intention is paving an uncreated road, goal setting is walking the road. Mary Anne Radmacher
I know my intentions. Now it’s time for new goals.
Goal [noun] the object of a person’s ambition or effort; an aim or desired result; the destination of a journey
aim – purpose – target – object – objective – end – mark
Family (it’s a given that they are my #1 priority):
- monthly dates with Chad (half being other than run dates)
- continue sit down family dinners more nights of the week than not
- run a half, full, 50K and my FIRST 50 miler
- run 13 in 2013: trail races
- hold a 7 minute plank
- complete transition to natural running (4 weeks to go)
- run at least 2 fun runs (mud and color)
- attend a fitness-blogging conference
- capture 52 weeks of Chad and Jill
- create a 2013 running scrapbook
13 in 2013 Update
- we currently have 478 participants (WOW!)
- details and sign up information here 13 In 2013
- sign ups close today at 11:59 p.m. EST
What is The Color Run™?
The Color Run™ 5k is a unique experience focused less on speed and more on crazy color fun with friends and family. Color runners come from all different ages, shapes, sizes, and speeds; but everyone toeing the start line has a blast. Whether you are a casual morning mall walker or an Olympic athlete, the 3 miles of The Color Run™ course will be the most memorable and colorful run of your life!
The Color Run is generously providing 300 discount codes for 13 in 2013!
My husband and I ran a color race this year. We smiled so much our faces hurt and it was the perfect running break from traditional training and races!
My husband and I will be running The Color Run Cincinnati! Who wants to join us?
If not Cincinnati, find a location near you and sign up. You won’t regret it!
Mark your calendars for the 13 in 2013 Virtual Races!
Details and sign-up coming soon!
Do you set goals? I’ve read a lot about how, more often than not, setting goals leads to unrealistic expectations and failure. What do you think? Are goals helpful and motivating or frustrating? Have you ever run a color run?