Running and Fitness Recap
It’s hard to believe we’re on week 5 of HBBC 2012! Life gets busy and the time just flies by.
Thoughts on Week 5
- I missed 2 runs this week due to weather.
- I guess the weather was a blessing in disguise because this week my body is tired.
- I’m looking forward to seeing how I do with 6 and 18 mile back to back runs this weekend. Driven by the challenge.
- I’m thinking about changing my workout plan to include 2 rest days on Mon. and Fri. I run back to back on the weekends. I recently found out this is a long-run sandwich.
- Run slow and far is my new mantra to reach my goal next year of running my first 50 mile event.
- It doesn’t feel like it’s only 3 days until Christmas.
- Fitness and food photo taking was minimal.
- I’m still looking for new strength/cross training DVDs. I’ve narrowed the search down to Bob Harper’s Inside Out Method or Jillian Michaels Body Revolution.
I’m not going to let the weather totally derail my training. I might not be able to run but I can do the transition to natural running form drills in the kitchen and living room. I was silently (silent because my son is not a morning person) amused as I skipped and hopped around my son while he ate breakfast sitting at the island 🙂
Plenty of room for step over drills!
HBBC 2012 By the Numbers
[12/17 – 12/23]
Strength (weights): 2
Natural Running Transition Form Drills: 3
Natural Running Transition Strength Drills: 2
Stretch/Foam Roll: 5
Fruits/Veggie Servings: 7 days
Total HBBC Points: 74.25
There are 328 particpants signed up to run 13 in 2013!
There’s still time to to join! Challenge yourself to run 13 in 2013! You pick the distance!
Go to Are You Ready To Run 13 in 2013? for more info and to sign up!
Is your weather cooperating with outdoor fitness? If the weather isn’t cooperating what are you at home alternatives to going to the gym or running outside? Do you have favorite workout DVDs?