2013 Running Challenge
As you probably know one of my goals in 2012 was the running challenge, Twelve In Twenty-Twelve. I started and ended the year with the goal to run 12 half marathons in one year. I accomplished that goal this month at the Mason Half Marathon and have commemorated my success with photos…
Before moving on to plans for 2013 I want to give a big shout out and thank you to iFitness for not only their sponsorship, but also their support throughout the year! I started using iFItness products in 2011 before their sponsorship was even a thought. Their fitness products are exceptional in quality, product options, fit and comfort. Honestly, the comfort is what sold me!
Now, it’s time to plan and commit to a running challenge for 2013. To be honest, Twelve In Twenty-Twelve was tough and there was a time or 2 during the year when I didn’t think I could do it. As it turns out, Twelve In Twenty Twelve is one of my proudest running accomplishments ever and totally worth the effort! So, I decided I wanted another year long running challenge in 2013.
In 2013 I’m excited to team up with Jen, Marathon Mom, to co-host Thirteen in Twenty-Thirteen!
- Run 13 registered virtual or real life races in 2013.
- The number of participants will not be limited.
- Prizes throughout the year. Hint: Some of my favorite running and fitness products!
- We have set up a 13 In 2013 Facebook group to support and encourage each other and share the experience.
- To support everyone reaching their goal Jen and I will host 4 virtual races throughout the year. The first virtual race will be in February. More information coming soon.
- Share with Instagram and Twitter using the #13in2013 hashtag.
You might be wondering what distance we will be challenged to run? Unlike 2012, when everyone was running the same distance, in 2013 you pick and commit to one of the following:
How to join:
- Sign up [and commit] using the Google document. Sign ups close 11:59 PM (EST) on December 31.
- If you blog, post the challenge button with the distance of your choice on the sidebar of your blog.
- Throughout the year update the Google doc with your progress and completed races.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via the Contact Jill tab above in the menu bar or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you ready to commit? Do you have a running goal for 2013? What do you think would be the toughest part of running 13 races in one year?
Now the link-up!