I’m a morning runner. I’m awake and up by 4:00. I enjoy morning coffee until sunrise and I’m out the door as soon as there is enough “comfortable” daylight to run by myself.
Why morning running?
- It’s an energy boost to start the day.
- Seeing the sunrise.
- Optimal temps particularly during the summer.
- The peace and quiet of early morning. Hearing nothing but my foot fall.
- Starting the day with a feeling of accomplishment.
- Rarely is an early morning run cancelled due to other commitments.
- Morning is when I feel my best, strongest and most energized.
- I enjoy watching and listening to the world waking up.
- By 8:00 or so my run is done and I have the rest of the day ahead of me.
- Typically, if I start early I have plenty of time. No rushing.
- Balance. My kids and husband are still asleep so it makes balancing running time and family time easier.
Are you a morning runner? What is your favorite time of day to run or workout?