After one week of my 10 Day Vegetarian Challenge I’ve come to the following conclusions:
- I’m continuing the 10 days and beyond.
- It’s easier than I thought it would be to include the protein I need.
- I don’t know how to describe it other than to say I feel lighter.
- I don’t miss eating meat (yet).
- I’ve been surprised by the fact that I have more energy.
- I’m happy with my decision to start with lacto-vegetarian.
- There are a gazillion amazing vegetarian recipe resources online and one of my favorites right now is Oh She Glows.
- An unexpected bonus, I have saved money at the grocery store!
- Locally grown produce tastes better and I’m thinking this will be long term so signing up for the Consumer Supported Agriculture again this year will be perfect.
In addition to my morning Green Monster Smoothie and juicing for lunch or snack I’ve added these recipes to the menu for next week.
Spaghetti Squash Lasagna (not new but it’s a favorite)*
*Photos credited to the original web sites.
Do you have a favorite vegetarian recipe?